Gmail is one of the prominent email clients of the new age. Most of the people will have atleast one Gmail address, the facilities they are giving incomparable. Most of us use the web interface for our day to day jobs. I have had a situation I need to forward another Gmail inbox to my main Gmail box, that I frequently check and used for my work.
Fortunately, Gmail has that feature, you can forward or redirect your Gmail email to another email address automatically.
To make Gmail forward your Gmail email to another email address automatically, follow the below steps.
- Click the Settings gear icon in your Gmail’s top right corner.
- Select Settings from the menu.
- Go to the Forwarding and POP/IMAP tab in the settings interface.
- Click Add a forwarding address button.
- Enter the address to which you want to forward future Gmail emails under Please enter a new forwarding email address
- Click Next.
- Now click Proceed.Now you will get a Confirmation popup on the screen, click OK
- Now go to destination email where you want to receive the forwarded emails. Open an email from Gmail Team with the subject “Gmail Forwarding Confirmation “
- Highlight and copy the 8-part code under Confirmation code:.
- Switch back to old Gmail in your browser.
- Paste the 8-part confirmation code under confirmation code.
- Click Verify. You are almost done.
- You want to make sure the Forward a copy of incoming mail to _ and _ selected. The default will be Disable forward.
- You can select how Gmail should treat the forwarded email in your inbox. There are 4 methods 1) keep Gmail’s copy in the Inbox 2)mark Gmail’s copy as read 3)archive Gmail’s copy 4) delete Gmail’s copy