In WordPress, default category URLs will come with category text in it. So your category URL will look like http://site.com/category/pictures.
This doesn’t seem pretty in our eyes. So we need to remove this category text from Category URL WordPress.
In this tutorial, we are showing two methods to do that.
1) Removing Category From Your URLs With Yoast’s SEO Plugin
2) Using Remove Category URL plugin from WordPress repo.
Removing Category From Your URLs With Yoast’s SEO Plugin
Yoast SEO plugin comes with a handy setting to remove the category base from your category URL
1) GO to YOAST SEO tab in the admin left menu
2) Click on Advanced menu
3) Click on the Permalinks tab on the right side pane.
4) Under Change URLs, select remove option for strip the category base from category URL
5) That’s it
Removing The Category Base with the Remove Category URL Plugin
This is a very popular plugin that removes the category base from the WordPress URL. You just need to install this plugin, no need to configure it, the plugin will od the rest.
To install, the plugin visit WordPress plugin URL https://wordpress.org/plugins/remove-category-url/