Magento has a good search functionality. By default when someone searches it search through all the description and short descriptions.
So sometimes at first look this results appears to be strange.
We need Search by only product name in Mini Search In Magento
But the reason Magento pick this up because these keywords might be present in somewhere, the description or other attributes. Magento search works according to the attribute settings.
You can disable the search option for any attribute.
- Catalog->Attributes ->Manage Attributes
- Search for the description field in Attribute Code
- Click on the Description and Look into the Properties of the Description
- In Frontend Properties from the Right Panel Use in Quick Search select No
- Likewise, do for any attributes